2009年12月12日 星期六

Week 11

Among the five formats of learning, “discussion” interesting me most” and “reading” is what I like the least.
Through the discussion to my classmates, some thoughts or ideals will be inspired. And we can be more familiar to our classmates as well. I remember in our listening and speaking class, teacher once asked us to “create an invention” by discussing with our own group. At first, I was a little bit nervous for not knowing my group members well. But afterwards, I found they are all easy-going and conversational. I was surprised by my group members’ creativity and imagination as well. Eventually, we had a great time and invent a special thing.
Furthermore, when I encounter some difficulties which I cannot solve by myself, I will go to library or ask my friends for help. These two manner seem quite normal but, indeed, are very useful. I must make efforts by myself first and sure I cannot find out the solution, then I go for my friends. Friends can give us their ideals and suggestions which we may never though before.
I think I am a learner who need interaction very much. Because I often feel bored and exhausted when doing assignments by myself. My ideals will be inspired by the process of interaction.

1 則留言:

  1. Among the five formats of classroom activities, I like discussion the most and reflection the least. Either group discussion or lecture-discussion is great. When discussing with others in class, I can listen to their opinions which might be different from or the same as mine. If their opinions are the same as mine, I will feel encouraged; if the opinions are different, I will learn more and know there are some other interesting ideas.

    Lecture-discussion is my favorite. The teachers in some courses I took before and in this course I am taking this semester are using this kind of activity. Even though sometimes I have learned some texts that the teacher lectures, I still love to listen again because I have forgotten most of them. Through the lectures, I can learn new knowledge or recall what I have learned. Then when discussing after the lectures, I can refresh what I have learned or what I thought before. When I encounter some kind of difficult knowledge, I often ask my classmates during the discussion or search information after I go home.

    I like to listen to others’ opinions during discussion, especially when some classmates are fun and humorous. In the class I am taking, some outstanding classmates are generous in sharing their ideas or opinions, and some often make the discussion atmosphere relaxing. The harmonic interaction between the teacher and the classmates makes learning more effective and interesting.

    However, sharing and reflection are often needed during and after discussion. That’s a problem to me. I don’t like sharing or reflection in class because I need much time to think about certain topic, and sharing or reflection in class puts me under pressure. I think it is not fair to the other studnts in the classroom because I seldom share my opinions or reflection. I think I am a “traditional student.” I am suitable for sitting quietly in the classroom and thinking while the teacher is lecturing.

    回覆刪除