2009年12月12日 星期六

Week ten

After reread my blog, I found something interesting. My point of view will change as time goes by; as a result, I was surprised by my previous thoughts somewhat. However, by doing week tasks, I was cultivated to use different angles to see one thing and I believed it was my keypal who help me do the change. Although under the same topic, we still have different opinions and sometimes share our own experiences. I am sure by these week tasks, what I can learn is beyond my imagination.

As to grade, I think I will grade myself 7, because I know I still have room to improve. For example, my writing skills. About the usage of words and transitional phrases, I can try to be more specific and use some new words. On the other hand, I also need to learn how to utilize my time. To be honest, I sometimes feel tired and try to procrastinate my assignments because my mind went blank and feel nothing to say about the topic. Maybe I should search some information from Internet in order to inspire myself.

2 則留言:

  1. I gave us both 7 points for our task. We both had the same defect—delaying our work for a period of time. Sometimes I didn’t have any idea about certain topic just as my partner. But except that, we both have done our best doing the work. My partner could always express her opinions clearly and truly, and even stimulate me to have other ideas. Though sometimes we had different opinions about the same thing, we could express our own ideas freely.
    However, I feel it was a pity that we had little “interaction”, especially “social talk”. It seemed that we just wrote our own compositions on the same board. I think I expressed my opinions too seriously so that my partner didn’t know how to respond to my comments. Compared with other groups, our relationship seemed a little too far. Actually, I hope we can express our thoughts in a more relaxing way. Maybe we aren’t very familiar with each other, or maybe we think that this is a “writing task” so that we have to write in a formal style. If the written form in our writing can be fine-tuned to a more spoken form, the task might become less tiring.
    But there is still a good thing to say. That is, just because we both used in a more written form in our writing, so we got many chances to practice compositions. After all, we didn’t have many chances to do it in public. Compared with others, I feel embarrassed that I could only use limited vocabulary in my writing, though I tried to express my ideas as clearly as possible. In the remaining weeks of this semester, I might change my communication style, and sometimes writing style. I think it must be interesting if my partner and I can interact in different ways sometimes.
    Dear Nadia,
    It seems that we have the same feelings about the writing task. Sometimes I went blank, too, about certain topic. Remember the task about “collaborative learning”? I was bothered by that picture of collaborative learning for a long time. So I did search the information on the Internet. It was really useful.
    In addition, sometimes we can take reference to other opinions. For example, when I was on the the topic of “Strawberry generation”, I found many young people defending themselves and denying the characteristics of “Strawberry generation”. So I tried to stand the opposite side to explain why people would think so. Frankly speaking, that was only my personal opinion. There was not right or wrong answers about that issue. By the way, I am not good at argumentation, so I think I can practice it in our writing task. I hope it didn’t or won’t make you feel bad.

    回覆刪除
  2. Dear Phyllis,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings.I really appreciate it! :)
    About the topic of “strawberry generation”, indeed, I did not stand the opposite site to think about why people describe us by that way. I just tried to deny the term and do not accept those characteristics. After I read your opinion, I was a little bit embarrassed. Because I knew your opinions really make sense. As I said before, I think these weekly assignments cultivate me to think in many ways. Every time after I read your opinions and ideas, I learn more. So, please feel free to share all the different opinion! Thank you so much. =)

    回覆刪除