2009年12月25日 星期五

Week 12

Through these days, we have already down many tasks with different topic. To be honest, I think few of them are a little bit difficult to me. I was frustrated but I still managed to finish them on time. I worked on my grammar and tried to use dissimilar words. I also structured my articles in order to make them easier to read.
About my suggestions as how to grade my performance better:
1.The words count requirement: each weekly assignment should reach the requirement for at least 300 words.
2.The deadline: each weekly assignment should be turn in on time.
3.The content:
(1.) about the use of grammar, words and organization.
(2.) if our contents meet the topic.
(3.) if we can fully convey our ideas.

Base on what I mentioned above, I give myself 7 (from 1~10). I think I still have to work on my task’s contents. I am sure my writing ability has room to improve. Also, I need to finish my assignments more early so that my keypal can post her part soon.

I give my partner 9. I am certain that she is a very hard-working person. She never delays her work and always gives me other fresh thoughts under a same topic. I also learn some writing skills from her comments. She deserves this score! I am thankful for her help.

1 則留言:

  1. * Wow! Amazing, Nadia. We almost have the same opinion about the score we made. (Before I saw yours, I already had made mine.)

    I think the writing task is related to personal opinions, so there is no right or wrong about them. The most important is what we think about the topic. But since this is a “writing task” asked by the instructor, some criteria should be considered. I think of 3 criteria as following.

    The first one is about “content”. Whether the content of writing focuses on the topic of the task is the most important, no matter how the writer thinks about it. According to this criterion, I suggest my partner and I deserve 9 points in a 10-point scale because we both could almost discuss the same topic.

    The second is about “format” of writing, including the usage of vocabulary or grammar. Because it is a “writing task”, so the product of the writing should be examined before it is posted and the errors should be as few as possible. So according to this criterion, my partner and I could only get 8 points because we still had some mistakes in our writing.

    The third one is about “deadline”. Because we should, basically, have posted our opinions during a week after the task was announced. However, my partner and I delayed our work several times. So my partner and I could only get 7 in this part.

    According to these 3 criteria, my partner and I could get the average score of 8. Since we are a “team” in this writing project, I think we can get the same score because we both have the responsibility to give suggestions or comments to, or even push each other for a better job. I believe the experience of “cooperation of writing” has let us know how to make a change in writing practice and will make us both improve our writing.

    回覆刪除