2010年1月3日 星期日

the LAST week

Q1:How do you like the weekly writing prompts? Are they interesting or boring? Inspirational or weird? Are they related to your life? Can you suggest anything better and give some examples?

To be honest, I did not expect this kind of weekly assignment can be interesting. Because I consider them as “assignments”. But after few weeks, I found that the topics are usually funny and also promote me to think more. They do relate to my life. For example, the “strawberry generation” is one of the most impressed topics to me. From the discussion with my keypal, some deeper thoughts came to my mind.


Q2:Do you like the two-way online discussion with your keypal? Or do you think we should have more people (like 3~4 students) form a group blog to exchange ideas? Why or why not?

I really like this two-way online discussion. Some special ideals were inspired during the process. About a group discussion, I think it is not a bad ideal. Through this project, we can learn the importance of team spirit and cooperation. Because if we work as a group, all the members need to do his or her part correctly and on time so our blog project can work smoothly.


Q3: Have you encountered any difficulties during the semester when using blogs to discuss with your keypal, e.g., computer problems or anything?

No, I have not encountered difficulties when using my blog. Everything is fine!


Q4: How do you like the project website? Are they friendly enough? Have we left out any important content? How do you like the layout/design?

I think the project website is quite good. The layouts of each week assignments are creative and fancy. About the design, it is very convenient for me to use. I can see the assignment that week just by clicking the button on the top of the website. The function saves me a lot of time.


Q5: What have you gained from this blog activity?

1. I got a good partner! Because of this blog activity, my partner and I can discuss together and share different opinion.
2. I also cultivated a habit of writing blog every week.
3. I know the importance of being punctual.
4. I try to improve my writing skills, such as grammar and the choice of words.


Q6: If you had an opportunity to start over, would you have done anything differently? If so, how?

If I can start over this project, I think I will interact with my partner more. I know some of my classmates have NO interactions with their keypal because they can not contact them! I should be very glad to have a good keypal.
Maybe, in addition to weekly assignments, we can share something interesting in life or some problems in learning English. Just like a friend.

1 則留言:

  1. Ans 1:
    As a student, sometimes I felt bothered by some topics of our weekly tasks because they were challenging. However, I have to say that they are really inspirational. I have never thought deeply about those issues, which are so close to our daily life. As a junior high school teacher, I was surprised to see that there were so many sources that we could use to stimulate students’ thinking and take as writing materials, including video clips, news or reports on the newspapers, magazines, or online. Serious or relaxing issues are also included. They are really cool!

    Ans 2:
    I like the two-way online discussion, too. Just because there are only two people, we have a chance to think more about the topics to exchange our ideas. However, discussing with a group of more people is also a good way because more ideas will be inspired when everyone’s ideas are different, and the members may get more support from others when they have the same ideas with others.

    Ans 3:
    As to the 3rd question, no, I have not encountered difficulties, either. In fact, using blogs to discuss with each other is very convenient as long as the connection of the computer to the Net is OK.

    Ans 4:
    I also think the website is very friendly. It’s very easy to search for the information about the project, including dyadic information and relevant websites. They are useful when I did my tasks.

    Ans 5:
    Through this activity, I have got a chance to write in English very often and I have gradually got used to it. Furthermore, it helps me to communicate with others in English more naturally than before. Of course, I have got a good keypal, too. It is a great experience to share ideas with a lady in the “strawberry generation” who doesn’t have the so-called characteristics of focusing on beauty but being weak. The new thoughts from a youger generation are really interesting.

    Ans 6:
    I have the same feelings with you, Nadia. If I had an opportunity to start over, I think we could have talked more, not only about the academic assignment but also about our lives. In fact, I like the style of “chatting” because it can make me “talk “freely. But I am still wondering whether it is suitable that we write in a “chatting” style in a “writing” project, though I know that speaking helps writing, and vice versa.

    回覆刪除