2010年3月13日 星期六

journal Mar. 8~14

Mar. 8~14
This Saturday, Angel, June and I went to Cyiayi Performing Art Center to see the CCU’s musical. When we went to the bus stop, we meet May and Heidi. And my sight was caught by a group of foreigners who also wait bus there. They looked like students too and were chatting delightful. It was hard for me to distinguish which country were they from because I heard many kinds of different languages. English mix with Chinese and…Spanish? I was not sure at all. And then, one of them even took out of his guitar and started to play. They sang together. I felt really surprise not because of their voice but was their confidence and comfortable. They did not try to catch others attention (although they DO catch many walker’s attention), and just sang from the bottom of their hearts. They enjoyed themselves. All of a sudden, I thought they are so shining.
A boy went upon us, saying hello and trying to chat with us. I found his Chinese is pretty good. His name is Alex and they are the members of rotary club. They were from many different countries and came to Taiwan as exchange students. To my surprise, he only came to Taiwan for six month! His distinctly Chinese pronouncing makes me under the illusion that he has lived in Taiwan for years. He is very conversational and humorous. When he knew that we are nineteen years old, he looked very surprise (well actually, when I knew he is eighteen, I was shock too!). The conversation was very interesting, a Brazil girl and a Mexico boy came to join us. When they knew May is learning Spanish, they used some simple sentences to say “hola”. The Mexico boy even took out a bottle to show us flair bartender.
During the conversation, I did not play a role on speaking. I just listened most of time. To be honest, I really admired Heidi. She spoke fluently. I just cannot pluck up my courage to speak. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I think they are so shining. To them, they was also talking to foreigners. Their confidence impressed me a lot.

沒有留言:

張貼留言