2010年4月10日 星期六

journal Apr.5~11

Apr.5~11

I like reading.

Since I was a child, my mom had bought variety of books for me. Every day, I read one of them. This habit has kept for a long time. To me, reading is not only a way to fulfilling myself but also a way to relax. My speed of reading is not slow, or some people say is fast. For one reason is that I do not read every single word but the meaning of whole sentence. I will easy space out if reading every word. Another season is that once I start reading, I indulge myself in the plots every much. Sometimes I even forget to have meal, or I do not want to have it! If I cannot finish a book, I will just keep thinking “what happened next?” “Will he die?” “Will they be happy ever after?” These question keep hunting me that makes me really curious. So, generally speaking, I finish a book within a short period of time.
Recently, I am reading a book called Needful Things written by Stephen King. This book is very thick (about 700 pages). Well, it’s always his style! The story is about a grand opening store in a small town. You can buy anything you want in the store. Your deepest desire will be realize. But, in order to get your necessary, you have to pay for it. The darkness of mankind reveal in the story. I think Stephen King’s writing style is very obvious. He is good at dealing with details. I also read his other book like Pet Sematary and Skeleton Crew; both of them are very “Stephen”. Now, I am planning to read Dan Brown’s new book—The Lost Symbol. I believe it must be a very fascinating book. I am looking forward to it!

沒有留言:

張貼留言