2010年5月25日 星期二

journal May17~23

Few days ago, I finish my reading of “the little prince”. I cannot remember how many times I had read it. Without a doubt, it is one of my most favorite books. I first read the book when I was an elementary school student. I was attractive by it because of its colorful and cute illustrations. To my, the story was only about a little boy’s adventure in different planet. I could not grasp the true meaning that hidden behind the words and sentences. It was beyond my comprehension. As I grew older, I gradually realized that how amazing the book was. Every time I read it, I have different feelings and thoughts.

But he would always answer, “That’s a hat.” Then I wouldn’t talk about boa constrictors or jungles or stars. I would put myself on his level and talk about bridge and golf and politics and neckties. And my grown-up was glad to know such a reasonable person.”
At the first chapter, the novel narrator says that when he was six years old, he drew a picture which was a boa was digesting an elephant. But adults said the picture is a hat. They did not like his picture and told him to work hard on his study. This plot reminded me that I used to do the same thing in my childhood. My parents liked to cultivate me into certain hobbies. I did not like to play piano, but my mom said that learning piano was very elegant. So, I have to learn. I was not a quiet girl and preferred to do some outdoor activities. I liked robots more than dolls. But I still have to stay in home for reading, drawing, playing piano and changing clothes for those stupid Barbies. I really think that grown-up should pay more attention and explore what their children really like.
When the narrator one day crash in dessert, he meet the little prince. The little prince asks him to draw s sheep for him, but he draw the picture of a boa swallowing an elephant. It is the same as his first drawing in six. Surprisingly, the little price can understand the picture. This point also shows that how children are different from adults. Children are creative and imaginative. Their perspectives are so interesting than those practical adults. Although the narrator is an adult, he still keeps his pure heart. So, he can enjoy listen to his little new friend’s adventureful stories.

沒有留言:

張貼留言