2009年10月21日 星期三

Week Four

I think the educational environment will definitely change by times. I remember clearly when I was in junior high school, every student need to carry a pile of books to school every day. We seldom used the Internet unless we needed to search some information from the Internet. However, as I entered the college I found some obvious changes on my learning way. Professors often use computers in class in order to show us some videos and pictures. We also need to finish our assignments, share and discuss different suggestion through the website and blog. Everyone can see your own point of view and post their comment. But, still, we need to have text books in different classes. I think our learning way is a little bit similar to the American college students.

In this video, I think a “Networked Students” should have some qualities that are—have an ability of organization, have access and love to share. However, when a “Networked Students” become a trend, what about the students who do not have access? What should they do? It seems that if you don’t have a computer or know nothing about the Internet, then you are out. A change always companies with positive sides and negative sides.

1 則留言:

  1. Computer technology is more and more useful and popular in Taiwan so that it is gradually used in education widely, especially in college. People expect that the college students in Taiwan are able to explore problems and solutions independently as American students do. However, “independently” doesn’t mean students have to study alone with plenty of books and papers. It means that the students can find the WAY to answer the questions in their lives by themselves. If students can use computer technology better, they will reach the goal more quickly.

    I don’t know whether the college students in Taiwan nowadays are similar to American students in their learning as shown in the video clip. Obviously, the professors or scholars in Taiwan, who do research commonly, definitely direct their students to use the net to do tasks or research. There are students using the net well without doubt. However, how many students take the technology seriously to equip themselves for “life or academic explorers”? While using the net in learning, students have to search for information, organize and analyze it, share and discuss with others, and then produce more ideas to broaden their knowledge. Using the net is not only for producing a work but also for developing the abilities of effective working, social communication, and connecting themselves with the world. I’ve heard very often that the college students in Taiwan use the net for games, gossips, and plagiarizing other works for their homework. If the change of the college students in learning is really like this, I’m worrying that students’ learning ability will be descending gradually. I hope that I can see the good change of the college students in their learning while using the net.

    p.s. As a junior high school teacher, I think I also have to change my way of teaching so that I can instruct my students to be an independent learner in using the net. After all, it is not just the professors’ responsibility.

    回覆刪除