2009年10月7日 星期三

Week Two

In my memory, I often have an argument with my mother when I was a junior high student. At that time, I want to improve my English and I set a study plan. However, there were too many temptations that I often lose my self-control. My mother decided to send me to a cram school without discussing with me. I was angry about that and had a quarrel with her. Things like this happened very often. The main reason is that I really hate about hearing she said:”I am doing this for YOU! You will regret of not listening to me.” I couldn’t understand why she always wants to make any decision for me. I am not a child anymore-that’s what I thought at that time.
However, as I tried to calm down and rethink my mother’s words, I found that they really make sense. My English really improved since I went to cram school. The feeling of regret and embarrassment made me uncomfortable. I think the reason why I can’t accept those words right at the moment is because I was in a bad mood and I took them as nonsense. Hence, I think if I can be a more communicative and rational person, trying to listen to and rethink about others’ suggestion instead of quarreling, then I can avoid unnecessary misunderstand and regret. Surely, these things are what I have been learning for a long time.

2 則留言:

  1. Many young people often fight back against what their parents have said to show their independence. They express what they want, how they feel, and why they do something. However, no matter how old they are, they are always children in their parents’ eyes. These parents show their love for their children by providing suggestions or advice, or even making decisions for them. They are afraid that their children can not be responsible for and regret what they have done. In this case, the conflict between the parents and the children happen. Though some people find their parents are right at last, it is too late for them to go back to the past.

    However, I have a different experience of arguing with my mother about my marriage. She strongly disagreed with my boyfriend because of his job, which was thought to be an unstable one- being a salesperson. I tried to stand at my mother’s side, and I could understand what she worried about. Though we had some very awful arguments, I tried to express my feelings in reasonable ways because I knew that her opposing was for me. I told her that what I cared about was his personality and attitudes towards his work. Finally, my mother accepted my decision.

    Others’ opinions may often make uncertainty, but they surely help us think from different angles and help decrease the chances of making mistakes. However, after taking others’ opinions into consideration, we may make our own decisions as long as we are willing to take the responsibility for the results.

    回覆刪除
  2. Argument may be a bad thing while if we know how to learn from the “bad thing”, then we can benefit from it. Through the argument, we learn others’ thought and different angles of a same thing. We can know the lack of our considerations and try to be reasonable to avoid argument next time.
    I seldom have an argument with my mother since I entered college. I try to control my bad temper and learn to receive different opinion from others. I know I need to take responsibility to every decision I made.

    回覆刪除