2009年10月30日 星期五

Week Five

About this picture, I think it is a model of collaborative learning and it clearly shows every important aspect of collaborative learning. This kind of learning way has become more and more common since I entered the college. In many courses, we need to separate into groups in order to do some papers or an oral report. To me, the most interesting part of this type of learning is "Generation Multiple Perspective". Through the discussion with my group members, I can learn others’ different opinions and thought, and surprise by another aspect which I have not thought of before. We share our advice and also learn from it. I think this part is the most meaningful and interesting part of group learning.
However, there is also a part that bothers me a lot—“Learning through Reflection”. I consider myself a careless person. When I write a composition, I often make mistakes easily and then next time, I make the same mistake again! I think the problem is I did not read my composition again and again before I submit it. Now, I try to keep two words in my mind all the time— reflection and revise. I hope every time when I am writing a composition, I will remember the two words clearly.

2 則留言:

  1. I think this picture shows how collaborative learning works. In this picture, learning teams focus on learning outcomes (as learning goals) under invitational conversation climate and environment, and the teams work together to decide topics of certain problems, discuss and generate the teammates’ opinions about the topics, and then make informed decisions. The performance of learning teams should be assessed meaningfully through rubrics in order to evaluate the achievement (oral or written forms) of the learning teams’ work. During the whole process of collaborative learning, reflective thinking of the learning teams should be developed to help the teams’ learning.

    My favorite part of this learning model is “Invitational Communicational Climate” because the invitational communication focuses on cooperation and attempting to understand each other’s perspectives. The teammates have to open their mind to share opinions and participate in discussing to reach a common goal rather than control others or win the arguments. In my school time before the in-service program, I seldom participated in academic team learning. I was usually engaged in preparing for the exams and intending to gain higher scores alone. The feeling of competition usually existed in my mind and made my life full of pressure. However, since I attended the in-service program, I have been working with my classmates for a long time for different tasks. No competitions, being involved in the team, sharing with open minds, and being engaged in the same goals have made me feel effective and comfortable in learning.

    The part that bothers me when working with others is “Learning through Reflection”. Though I am not in the level of separating things into black and white, good and bad, I am not in the level of reflective, critical thinking. When there is a certain problem appears and many judgments, opinions, or suggestions are proposed, making an argument seems difficult for me. Which opinion is better? Which one is better supported? Which one is more appropriate to a certain condition? I like to be objective in a learning team but often hesitate to make a decision. Anyway, though collaborative learning makes confusion, it is worthy for me to use in inquiry training. After all, reflective, critical thinking needs training and practicing, isn’t it?

    回覆刪除